No cookie platter is complete without Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies! Take this classic over the top with our own 58% Peppermint Dark Chocolate Bar for a cool and comforting holiday treat.
Adapted from Fork, Knife, Swoon
Makes 22 cookies
4 oz. Askinosie Peppermint Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped finely
4 tablespoon unsalted butter
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Askinosie Natural Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 large eggs
1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Heat the oven to 325°F and line two large rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in either a double-boiler over gently simmering water or in a heat-proof glass bowl in the microwave. If using the microwave, heat in bursts of 15 seconds on medium power, stirring well and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula to prevent scorching. After each increment, stir until completely smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl,, whisk together eggs until well-combined. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture until just combined and no dry streaks remain. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the granulated and powdered sugars in two separate bowls.
- Use a two tablespoon cookie scoop to dish the dough out into equal portions directly into the granulated sugar, about four at a time. Then gently roll into balls until completely coated, using the sugar to keep your fingers from sticking.
- Transfer to the powdered sugar and gently roll again until completely coated. Place on the prepared sheet pans, approx. two inches apart.
- Bake each sheet individually for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are gently puffed and the tops are crackled. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!