Olive Oil Brownies With Sea Salt
No cookie platter is complete without Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies! Take this classic over the top with our own 58% Peppermint Dark Chocolate Bar for a cool and comforting holiday treat.
Adapted from The New York Times
Makes 16 brownies
6 tablespoons mild extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup Askinosie Natural Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup hot coffee
3 ounces of 77% Davao, Philippines Askinosie Dark Chocolate, melted
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup of 77% Davao, Philippines Askinosie Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish with some of the olive oil. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides so you can pull the brownies out easily.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and hot coffee until smooth. Whisk in 6 tablespoons oil, melted chocolate, egg and vanilla.
- Whisk in brown and granulated sugars, then fold in flour mixture, then chopped chocolate. Scrape into prepared pan, and bake until set and firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle brownies with flaky salt while still warm, and let cool. Cut into 16 squares and serve.